Australia's leading managed microfinance application adds a Bitcoin option to investors


The popular demand for cryptocurrencies has fueled Australia's leading micro-investment platform Raiz (formerly Acorns) in addition to bitcoin investment options. Individual investors are able to round up their backup changes and regularly invest in a bitcoin portfolio.

Australia's leading micro-investment platform Raiz announced on Tuesday that it has launched a portfolio with bitcoin allocations. The new portfolio, called Sapphire, took 18 months to develop. Its investment goal is to provide exposure to bitcoin in a managed, risk-adjusted manner, the company describes. Raiz CEO George Lucas commented:

Although this latest portfolio provided by Raiz is very risky, feedback from many customers has made it clear that they are keen for a crypto-exposed investment strategy.


Raiz inhalation platform and application.

Many of our investors are millennials, noted Raiz, and added that millennials tend to put money into crypto assets, he cited a U.S. brokerage firm Charles Schwab report published in November. 12 years ago. The company was formerly known as Acorns Australia but changed its name to Raiz when it became an independent Australian company, separated from the original American Acorns brand.

Raiz will trade and store bitcoins with Gemini, a U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchange and supervisor founded by the Winklevoss twins. Gemini is a trustee company in New York managed by the state's Department of Financial Services. Gemini CEO Jeanine Hightower-Sellitto is excited:

Raiz is promoting micro investment through its new portfolio, offering customers the opportunity to invest in bitcoin in a thoughtful, regulated manner.


Australia's leading managed microfinance application adds a Bitcoin option to investors

Structure of Raiz investments, showing nine ETF funds and Sapphire portfolio with bitcoin allocation.

How to invest and choose a portfolio

In addition to Sapphire's portfolio, Raiz also offers nine other exchange-traded funds (ETFs) with asset allocations and risk profiles ranging from conservative to aggressive. ETFs are quoted on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).

There are three ways investors can fund their Raiz investment accounts. The first is by sending a one-time deposit. The second is by using the Raiz app rounding feature, and the third is by setting up a daily, weekly or monthly deposit. The rounding feature allows investors to link different payment methods - such as bank accounts, credit or debit cards - with their Raiz accounts and then round changes from every deal. These rounding contributions are then transferred to their Raiz investment account either manually or automatically for investment.

Sapphire aims to have 5% of the capital invested in bitcoin, with the remaining 95% comprising ETFs of large-cap stocks of the US, Australia, Europe and Asia, and the debt and currency markets. of the Australian company. The Rai Raiz company is not a trading tool, so Sapphire is a safe way to come into contact with bitcoin without the complexity of trading, the company claims. With the goal of allocating 5% of the target assets, Sapphire's portfolio gives investors the opportunity to reap the potential of bitcoin while limiting their exposure in a way that is risk-adjusted. . However, due to the risks associated with cryptocurrencies, the recommended minimum Investment Time Frame [for Sapphire portfolio] is more than five years, the company recommends.

What do you think of Raiz adding bitcoin as an option for investors? Let us know in the comments section below.